The Zapata EZ-Fly
The EZ Fly is an advanced modification of the Zapata Flyboard Air. With a few key upgrades, we have created an air vehicle much easier to fly, faster to train, and safer to operate than any other vertical takeoff aircraft in history. Even non-pilots can be trained to safely operate the EZ-Fly. Its advanced stability systems and triple-redundant systems take all of the chaos and much of the risk out of powered flight, without the need for a pilot’s license.
Manned & Unmanned Applications
The high capacity and stable nature of Zapata’s® VTOL air based products make them ideal platforms for previously impossible capabilities. Flyboard Air is the testing and proving grounds for a whole new category of VTOL flight. Zapata’s unique and patented approach is a scalable platform to meet a variety of uses. Especially applications that require, or benefit, from the power and speed that Zapata’s jet craft can achieve.
- Individual Mobility for Special Ops
- Hip to Ship, Ship to Shore,
- Quick Reaction,
- Presence Patrols
- Denied Area Penetration
- Vertical Deployment or Fixed Wing UAS
- Megacity ISR
- Autonomous Unmanned Evacuation
- Mass Casualty Resupply and Evacuation
- Emergency Access for Medical Personnel
- Rescue and Recovery
- Specialized Repair Platform
- Infrastructure Inspection
- Specialized Distribution
- Security and Recovery
Entertainment & Recreation
- Scheduled Appearances
- Air Shows
- Film and TV
- The Zapata EZ-Flight Experience
- For personal and recreational use, without need for a pilot's license. (EZ-FLY only).
Safety & Redundancy
With engine out capability, the EZ-Fly can lose one engine and still continue the mission.
If two engines go out, the EZ-Fly will make a controlled descent.
- Auto-hover mode
- Quick release boots
- Engine out capability
- Triple redundant flight controls
- Independent engine electronics
- Independent engine fuel supplies
- Status indications via Heads-Up Display
- Embedded stabilization independent of flight controls
- Isolated turbines with improved cooling and lubrication
The Zapata Difference
Inventors have been chasing the dream of personal flight for decades, but no one else has achieved it in the way that Zapata has. Zapata’s unique and innovative approach comes from its experience in hydroflight, its use of turbine engines over conventional electric propellers and the use of intuitive flight controls designed around the human body.
- Turbine engines have up to ten times the power to weight ratio of other power sources.
- You can install a lot more power into a confined space.
- More efficient in turning chemical energy into thrust.
Consolidation of Thrust
- Greatly increases maneuverability and speed.
- Opens the possibility of engine redundancy and graceful degradation.
- Losing an engine has a less dramatic impact that can easily be compensated by the E.C.U. and pilot adjustments.
Intuitive Flight Controls
- Very easy to learn.
- Designed to be flown without pilot training.
- Designed around the human body and our natural ability to balance.
- Safely train on the water Flyboard®
The Evolution of Flyboard®
Before there was Flyboard Air, there was Flyboard®, Franky Zapata’s original game changing invention that launched a new type of watersport all around the world.
In the above clips, Franky and team experiment with an early ducted fan hoverboard and Franky performs on France’s Got Talent using an electric air compressor.
Flyboard® and Flyboard Air work on the same principles and are controlled in the same way. In fact, anyone training to use the Flyboard Air must first train on a water Flyboard.